Story Consultations with Tom Schlesinger
I help very talented writers and filmmakers like you maximize your creative potential and realize your dreams. I do this by making your story development more efficient, productive, and enjoyable. The result: high quality commercial stories with impact!
I will help you sustain and express your creative vision from conception to distribution, with confidence and ease.
As script consultant on the Academy Award winning “Nowhere in Africa” and the HBO documentary “Prom Night in Mississippi” with Morgan Freeman, I will help you turn your creative successes into a fulfilling career.
Tom’s extraordinary guidance on my scripts for “Nowhere in Africa” (Academy Award Winner) and “Beyond Silence” (Academy Award Nominee) enriched my award-winning films immensely.
- Caroline Link, writer-director Nowhere in Africa (Academy Award, Best Foreign Film)
Tom’s wisdom, inspiration, and deep understanding of character and story continue to guide me on each screenwriting journey.
- Pamela Gray, screenwriter Conviction, Music of the Heart, A Walk on the Moon
Tom has the amazing ability to guide writers to a place of enhanced creativity.
- Michael Lehmann, director True Blood, The Truth About Cats and Dogs
Tom has a very unique approach to story and I’m extremely grateful to have had his guidance.
- Jennifer Arnold, writer-director A Small Act (2011 Emmy Nomination, Sundance Jury Prize nominee)
The first thing I did when I began writing was to pick up the phone and call Tom. I can’t think of a more insightful and inspiring “wing man”. He truly guides me to do my best work.
- Daniel Stamm, writer-director The Last Exorcist
Collaborating with Tom has been absolutely essential for me and, aside from his sheer intellectual input, so much fun!
- Doris Doerrie, writer-director Nobody Loves Me, Enlightenment Guaranteed
Tom helped me focus on possibilities instead of limitations. His qualities as a guide cannot be valued enough, not to mention that he is a great guy, and tremendous fun to work with!
– Reto Caffi, writer-director On the Line (Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Film)
Tom is the best: full stop!
– Daniel Speck, screenwriter Meine Verrueckte Tuerkische Hochzeit (Bavarian TV Award: Best Feature Film)
Tom has a keen sense of the “big picture.” His insight allowed us to envision structure and effective character arcs in the early stages of development — important assets in creating a great screenplay. – Ashwin Rajan, President of Production The Night Chronicles
Working with Tom Schlesinger is worth its weight in gold!
—Paul Saltzman, director-producer, Prom Night in Mississippi
Attending Tom’s workshop was a creative turning point for me as a documentary filmmaker.
—Nimisha Mukerji, director-producer, 65 Red Roses