Tom Schlesinger’s Biography
Tom Schlesinger was the story consultant on the HBO documentaries “Prom Night in Mississippi” with Morgan Freeman and “A Small Act,” both premiering at Sundance.
He co-executive produced “The Last White Knight,” which premiered at the 2012 Toronto Film Festival, and he was Creative Producer on “Shirley: Visions of Reality,” which premiered at this year’s Berlinale. Tom was Creative Producer on the documentaries ‘BadBadNotGood” and “Startup Weekend” which just premiered at the SXSW 2013 Film Festival.
Tom was the story consultant on “Nowhere in Africa,” which won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Film in 2003, and on “Beyond Silence,” which was nominated for an Academy Award.
As a story consultant, Tom’s clients have included M. Night Shyamalan, Francis Coppola’s Zoetrope Studios, Miramax, Universal Studios, Columbia Pictures, Constantin Film Production, and X-Filme in Berlin,
Tom has taught film seminars for Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm Ltd., the American Film Institute, the Writers Guild of America, the Directors Guild of America, and the National Film Schools in Berlin and Munich.
Tom also facilitates Human Potential seminars including: “Art as Transformation” at UCLA; “Myths, Dreams and Movies” at the Esalen Institute, the Saybrook Institute and The California Institute of Transpersonal Psychology; and “Creative Flow: the Inner Reaches of Outer Space,” at the Academy of Art in Munich.
He lives in Santa Monica, California.
Writer/Consultant (* = produced)
- Shirley: Visions of Reality, Feature Film, KGP Productions, Creative Producer
- Chappie and Me, Feature Film, Sunrise Films, Co-writer
- Moderation Town *, Web Series, Stitch Media, Story Consultant
- The Last White Knight, Documentary, Sunrise Films, Story Consultant
- The Secret Cross*, Feature Film, Anthony Tullo (wr-dir-prod), Story Consultant
- With You, Documentary, Scott Gracheff (prod-dir), Story Consultant
- Blood Relative, Documentary, Nimisha Mukerji (prod-dir), Story Consultant
- Where’s Heaven, Documentary, Alison Armstrong (prod-dir), Story Consultant
- Red Dune, Feature Film, AyoungCom Productions, Writer
- Reincarnate, Blinding Light Productions, Script Consultant
- Sorry, Feature Film, UFA Film, Writer
- The Stranger *, TV series, Thelsem Productions, Co-creator
- Ayla *, Feature Film, TV60, Script Consultant
- A Small Act *, Documentary, Harambee Media, Story Consultant
- Prom Night in Mississippi *, Documentary, Sunrise Films, Story Consultant
- Bonded Parallels *, Feature Film, Parallels Film, Co-writer
- Mestiza, Feature Film, Born of Woman Films, Co-writer
- Heart of Fire *, Feature Film, TV60, Script Consultant
- The Fisherman and His Wife *, Feature Film, Constantin Film, Script Consultant
- Viktor Vogel *, Feature Film, Columbia Pictures, Co-writer
- Nowhere in Africa *, Feature Film, Constantin Film, Script Consultant
- Meschugge *, Feature Film, X-Filme, Script Consultant
- Beyond Silence *, Feature Film, Claussen&Woebke, Script Consultant
- The Lady or the Tiger *, Documentary, Writer-Producer-Director
- Nobody Loves Me *, Feature Film, Cobra Film, Script Consultant